Could you open your home and your heart to one of the UK’s 5,000 children desperate for a new home and loving family?
Could you take on the challenging yet rewarding role of an adoptive parent? If so, read on…
Adoption Matters Northwest is not looking for saints. We’re looking for people from all kinds of backgrounds, cultures and beliefs who can adopt a child and give them something many of us take for granted-a secure stable and loving family.
We welcome applications from married couples, couples who have entered a civil partnership and from unmarried couples who are in a stable, long-term and enduring family relationship. We’re also keen to hear from single people who are interested in adoption.
You don’t need…
- to have special qualifications
- to own your home
- to have a full time job
- to be married
- to have children of your own
You do need…
- a sense of humour
- time, energy and commitment
What our adoptive parents have in common is the willingness and commitment to offer a child or children a loving, caring home in which they can thrive. They can understand, listen and encourage children of all ages, abilities and ethnicities.
There are so many reasons why people consider adoption. Take a look at some of our success stories.
- Amanda & James Raising two birth children might satisfy the maternal and paternal instincts of many parents. It certainly was not enough for Amanda and James Mason. Remarkably their decision to go on to adopt a further two children - one with Asperger's syndrome ...
- Single Adopter: Chloe Chloe is a single adopter, currently awaiting a potential match with one child in the age range 0-6yrs, either a boy or girl. Chloe is a sports injury therapist, leading quite a busy and active lifestyle. She lives and works on the Wirral, with her do...
If you’d like to read more real life stories why not read our adoption column; Heartache & Hope, a complete written account from the diary of one of our adopters or contact the Adoption Matters Northwest team and speak to an advice line social worker; call 01244 390938.
Still have a question about the qualities we’re looking for? Then visit the Frequently Asked Questions section of this site where we’ll endeavour to answer your query.
Taking the next step?
Interested in taking things further?
If you decide to take the next step, you’ll get support from the Adoption Matters team, for as long as you need it – before, during and after the adoption process. That includes thorough preparation and training for you and your family. Visit the Adoption process section of this website to discover more.