If you attend a C of E Church, perhaps you’d like to consider a role as one of a network of Parish Advocates?
The Parish Advocate’s Role
Adoption Matters Northwest sees the Parish Advocates’ role as vital. They help raise our profile within the parishes, encourage interest in our work and motivate financial support. As a Parish Advocate you can:
- Display our leaflets, posters, newsletters, publicity etc in your church
- Pass on information to the PCC and the congregation. This may help them to consider Adoption Matters Northwest as part of their planned regular giving programme
- To include the work of Adoption Matters Northwest regularly in your intercessions
- Pass on material, including articles, to your parish newsletter/magazine editor
- Make your clergy aware of our Family Services Pack and our willingness to speak at services or group meetings
- Perhaps an offering could be taken for Adoption Matters Northwest at a special service
- Hold a fundraising event, coffee morning etc. Perhaps you could join with a neighbouring parish
- Be a collecting point for our collection boxes
- Promote when appropriate our merchandise
We will provide you with regular supplies of stationery, our newsletter, annual reviews, leaflets etc.